If you like fettuccine Alfredo and are looking for a healthier version, look no further! It’s no secret I love zucchini noodles, and anything creamy; so this is the perfect combination!
I was shopping in my favorite grocer; Earth’s General Store here in Edmonton, AB and I came across this green vegetable that looked foreign to me. After a discussion with one of the store clerks, I found out it was Sea Asparagus from British Columbia! I know, sounds weird right? Actually, it grows in ocean water near the coastline similar to rice and is really popular in Hawaii.
Sea asparagus packs a punch when it comes to nutrition and health benefits. Here are only a few:
- Contains high levels of Vitamin A, Vitamin B, folic acid, and vitamin B9.
- Helps detoxify the liver and improve muscle function.
- Contains TMG; a super antioxidant against the homosystine. Homosystine is the leading cause of stroke and cause for liver disease.
Soak Sea Asparagus for a minimum of 1 hour to remove salt as it grows in ocean water. I’m not going to lie, the first time I tried Sea Asparagus I found it very salty! I do not eat a lot of salt so I was not used to the flavor, a little goes a long way!
I had one of my friends over to enjoy this delicious meal with me and she absolutely loved it! Make this dish for a friend, loved one or your partner, they will love you for it!
Yellow Courgette Alfredo with Sea Asparagus
- 2 large yellow zucchini courgette
Pine Nut Parmesan
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup sea asparagus soaked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- To make zucchini noodles use a spiralizer, spirooli or vegetable peeler and set aside.
- Soak the macadamia nuts for 30 minutes, drain and rinse.
- Peel the zuchinni to keep the sauce white.
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Mix about 2 to 4 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce with noodles in a bowl until combined.
- Soak sea asparagus soaked for a minimum of 1 hour, drain and rinse.
- Saute with olive oil.
Pine nut Parmesan
- Blend pine nuts in a mini food processor until the consistency of Parmesan is reached.
- Garnish noodles with your pine nut Parmesan and sea asparagus.