I was clearly in an orange mood for day 2 of my juice cleanse! I had some fresh turmeric root and a sweet potato so I decided to make two different orange juices. The recipe with sweet potato tasted amazing; I sprinkled cinnamon on top and it tasted like carrot cake!
Benefits of Sweet Potato Juice:
- High source of beta-carotene
- Source of Vitamin C, potassium calcium, Vitamin E
- Contains folate, iron, copper, calcium and fiber
I still started my morning off with a Green Juice (get my recipe here) to alkalize my body, then a couple of hours later indulged in a glass of Carrot Cake Juice. I ate some fresh fruit today; grapes and fresh strawberries. I feel like I’m weaning myself off food so maybe tomorrow I will only have juice. 🙂
The next juice I made has one of the world’s most healthiest foods: Turmeric Root. I added carrots, gala apples, ginger and lemon. Turmeric is best known for use in Curry’s but it is also widely used as an anti-inflammatory.
10 Benefits of Turmeric Root:
- Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.
- Helps prevent Alzheimer disease
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Reduces risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Fights colds and flu
- Helps indigestion and weight loss
- Assists diabetes sufferers
Read here for more information on the health benefits of turmeric.
I have a glass of each recipe left for tomorrow, but if I turn orange from drinking all these carrots I’ll let you know lol! If you are joining me on this cleanse, great start so far and keep up the good work! Stay tuned for day 3…
Summer Juice Cleanse 2015 - Day 2
- 3 large navel oranges
- 6 carrots
- 2 inch piece of turmeric
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 lemon
- 5 carrots
- 5 gala apples
- 1 small sweet potato yam
- dash of cinnamon
- For each juice follow the instructions of your juicer.
- I have an Omega 400HD VRT so I wash, peel citrus and cut all my produce into small pieces.
- Once put through the juicer, strain with a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for 72 hours.