This raw vegan pumpkin pie tart is the best raw pumpkin pie I have made. I come up with a new recipe every year and this one is by far the best; I have really perfect this recipe over the years!
Thanksgiving is coming up here in Canada and this is the perfect dessert to serve to your family; they won’t even know the difference.
No dates here; I don’t use dates in my crusts as I feel raw desserts are heavy enough already and mixing fruit and fat can be really hard on the digestive system. This almond crust has a very pleasing texture and pairs so nicely with the filling.
You want to start off this recipe by making the candied pumpkin seeds in the dehydrator. If you don’t have a dehydrator you can mix pumpkin seeds with coconut sugar and cinnamon and use that as a garnish. Dehydrating candies them and adds a wonderful texture.
Raw pumpkin has so many health benefits:
- Rich in fiber, making you feel fuller longer aiding in weight loss.
- Contains high amount of beta-carotene which is converted to Vitamin A in the body increasing sharper vision
- Pumpkin oil even helps fight various bacterial and fungal infections. Plus, pumpkin is packed with nearly 20 percent of the recommended amount of daily Vitamin C, which may help you recover from colds faster.
- In scientific tests, pumpkin has been shown to reduce blood glucose levels, improve glucose tolerance and increase the amount of insulin the body produces.
Serve with coconut whipped cream; you can find a recipe here.
I have also included a video on how I garnish this tart, I hope you find it helpful.
Want to learn how to make more recipes like these?
Pumpkin Pie Tart (Raw, Vegan)
- Food Processor
- 3 @ 4" tart pans with removeable bottom
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until combined.
- Place on a lined dehydrator tray and dehydrate at 115 F for 24 – 36 hours until completely dry.
- Storage: Sealed container or freezer bag in freezer for 3 months.
- Process dry ingredients in a food processor until mixture forms a flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until combined.
- Press batter firmly into three 4” tart pans OR one 8" tart pan with a removable bottom covering the bottom and sides of each tart pan.
- Set in fridge while making filling.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling in each tart pan and pat on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Set in freezer overnight.
- Garnish with coconut whipped cream and candied pumpkin seeds.
- Storage: Sealed container in fridge for 3 days or freezer for 1 month.